Belgocontrol is an autonomous public company that guarantees the safety of air navigation in the controlled civil airspace above Belgium and the grand duchy of Luxembourg, as well as at the five Belgian public airports of Antwerp, Brussels Airport, Charleroi, Liège and Ostend.
Besides air traffic management and control, Belgocontrol provides many other services to civil aviation: pre-flight information, flight plan assistance, aeronautical and meteorological information, communication, navigation and surveillance services, as well as training of air traffic controllers. More than 750 persons work for Belgocontrol, among whom 300 air traffic controllers who in turn work on 7 sites, day and night, 365 days a year.
If you used to dream of airports and planes as a kid, this is your chance to join Belgocontrol and work in an office overlooking the airport runways.
Belgocontrol is indeed looking for a public procurement legal counsel with at least 10 years’ experience.
As an inhouse legal counsel in the purchase department, you will:
• Advise on purchase contract and public procurement documentation and draft, amend and verify such documentation and support internal clients, in particular the persons responsible for the “purchasing, insurances & logistics” department, as well as report periodically on purchase files and contracts, needs, budgets and results;
• Evaluate offers and requests to participate in public procurement procedures and draft evaluation reports;
• Draft buy orders, motivated decisions and other documents for major purchases and input and process the relevant data in the ERP system;
• Participate in purchasing contract negotiations;
• Follow-up financial securities such a bank guarantees;
• Monitor changes and updates in public procurement legislation and keep the database of relevant public procurement legislation up to date;
• Ensure the training of the purchase team and other internal clients with regards to public procurement regulations.
• You hold a Master's degree in law and have at least 10 years’ relevant experience as an attorney or inhouse counsel;
• You are a Dutch native speaker with a good knowledge of French and English;
• You are keen to further develop your knowledge of public procurement regulation and to train others within the company;
• Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is a plus;
• You are comfortable negotiating with clients in the interest of the company.
As an employee of Belgocontrol, you will need to undergo a security clearance screening by the National Security Authority.
Belgocontrol offers a stable, attractive and stimulating environment where you will be given the opportunity to grow professionally.
You will be offered an attractive financial package including fringe benefits such as a group and hospitalisation insurance, a guaranteed income insurance, a company restaurant and a shuttle service to the workplace.