Our client is a leading international consultancy organisation, offering a broad array of services in audit, tax and corporate finance and other business performance issues. Worldwide it has offices in all major business locations.
In view of its continuous growth, our client is now seeking to strengthen its International Tax department by hiring an international tax manager.
As a manager in the International Tax department, you need to understand client’s business needs in order to identify a suitable solution and ensure a proper implementation of the projects. Your main responsibilities as manager are:
- Write complex tax advices for international clients with cross-border taxation matters and drive and deliver successfully technical complex assignments;
- Conceptualize opinions on tax matters and check them with the responsible partner;
- Have autonomous contacts with and participate in the negotiations with the tax authorities;
- Being responsible for projects and transactions and implement complex fiscal work procedures;
- Bearing the responsibility of technical advice that has been given to the client;
- Having an in depth understanding of the Belgian income tax aspects relevant in an international context (treaties, WHT, FTC, PE, MAP, EU Directives, ..) and develop subject matter specialization;
- Broaden the relationship network with existing clients and participate in commercial initiatives together with senior executives or partners;
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with other sub-service lines and identify and facilitate cross-selling opportunities;
- Proposing improvement possibilities to raise effectiveness and efficiency of the work processes;
- Staying up to date on all relevant changes in the international tax landscape and actively share this knowledge in order to support the continuous development of your colleagues.
- You hold a Master’s degree in law or economics ideally supplemented with a Manama/LLM in tax;
- You have between 3 and 6 years’ relevant experience in Belgian and international taxation, preferably in a law/consultancy firm environment;
- You have excellent business development and client relation skills and are business minded;
- You are able to manage and direct project management from beginning to end;
- You are a team player with a positive attitude and a good communicator;
- You have an excellent knowledge of French, Dutch and English.
Our client offers you a challenging position in a globally integrated, dynamic and high quality organisation with sound career opportunities and ample possibility for individual development.
You will be offered a competitive remuneration package with extralegal benefits in line with your competencies and experience.