Our client is a credit institution in Brussels. It seeks to reinforce its compliance team by hiring an interim AML/KYC compliance project manager for a 6 months’ assignment that is renewable with possible permanent employment offer.
As interim compliance project manager, you:
- Assist the Head of Compliance Belgium in managing the day-to-day compliance operations related to AML, KYC, embargo’s/sanctions and other compliance related activities;
- Analyse legal and regulatory requirements and their impact on the institution;
- Design policies, procedures and other documents for implementing legal and regulatory requirements and group policies particularly for compliance projects in a.o. MIFID II, AML, payment services, data protection, CRS, FATCA;
- Prepare implementation plan of new policies and procedures and monitor the compliance with existing and new policies and procedures;
- Introduce/update the processes and procedures relating to the changing regulatory environment to ensure that a fully compliant environment is maintained;
- You hold a Master in law, finance and economics and you have at least 6 years’ relevant compliance experience in Belgium, preferably in a corporate banking environment;
- You have project management experience;
- You master English as well as Dutch or French;
- You have strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively with both Compliance and Business Management, orally and in writing, as well as with senior industry and supervisory authorities;
- You are able to clearly articulate business and regulatory implications of your analysis and findings and to support decisions with sound reasoning;
- Your record keeping is robust and timely, evidencing monitoring activities undertaken and action taken;
- You have a flexible working style and you are a team player with a positive attitude.
The interim position is on a full-time basis for a duration of 6 months, renewable, in Brussels.