Our client is one of the leading independent business law firms in Germany with over 100 lawyers and a global law firm alliance. The law firm was established some decades ago bringing together lawyers from leading German and international law firms. Since then, it has grown exponentially. While until now, it provided Luxembourg law services at a distance, it now feels the need to establish a local presence.
Our client therefore seeks to hire a tax partner who is long established in Luxembourg, who has a strong network here and who looks forward to setting up a new office.
As a tax partner, you will advise on all issues relating to national Luxembourg and international tax, focussing asset management taxation, both as regards fund formation and fund structuring, for all types of assets with a focus on real estate and private equity. You ideally also have experience in advising on real estate taxation, in particular German-Luxembourg structures. You are able to structure international holding structures and optimize complex financing schemes. You will be very closely working together with the firm’s German tax team. Due to the international network of the firm there will also be a lot of working relationships with other jurisdictions.
- You have a strong academic record in law, ideally completed by a LLM or other postgraduate degree in tax law;
- You have at least 8 years’ relevant experience of which at least 5 years in a major Luxembourg law firm or in a Luxembourg consultancy firm, hence you currently are a (local/salary/equity) partner or senior associate or senior manager/director;
- You have a strong local network among asset management/fund actors in Luxembourg and abroad and in-depth experience in dealing with the CSSF and the Luxembourg tax authorities;
- You are someone who can set up a firm and drive a team, yet you are keen to coordinate and have a good working relationship with the internal key stakeholders, such as the German banking and tax departments of the firm, as well as with the external stakeholders including the firm’s best friends;
- You are good with people, both with clients and associates, coaching them and leading the way;
- Your command of English is perfect – you also master French. German should be spoken in a way that allows you an active role in joint Luxembourg-German (tax) seminars or other (tax) client events.
You will join the Luxembourg office as an equity partner of our client’s. Besides enjoying a steady flow of existing business coming your way, you will contribute to the unique venture of setting up a new office and fostering its growth as well as to the expansion of the tax practice.
The firm enjoys an excellent reputation within Germany for consistently applying the highest legal standards and it looks forward to confirming its reputation with you in the Luxembourg market.