International corporate and depository bank
Our client is a Luxembourg branch of the offshore arm of one of the major banking groups in the world. It offers its clients a complete range of general and specialist corporate banking and treasury & investor solutions
As solo compliance officer of the Luxembourg branch
- You'll be accountable for all compliance responsibilities related to the development and periodic reassessment of the compliance policy framework;
- You will ensure that compliance, conduct and regulatory risks affecting the Luxembourg businesses are identified and managed;
- You will provide consultancy advice and guidance to the Luxembourg businesses in relation to all applicable legislation, regulations and bank policies;
- You will ensure that appropriate compliance risk policies and procedures are developed in respect of new and emerging regulatory requirements;
- You will be responsible for making sure that regulators remain informed on a timely basis of any appropriate regulatory matters or issues;
- Ultimately, you'll be providing expert support and advice to the business on the identification and management of compliance risks by interpreting and complying with the relevant risk policy standards, risk management framework and local legal and regulatory requirements;
- Your advice will be pragmatic and you will provide commercial solutions to advisory, conduct and regulatory issues. As such, you'll be working with the business in such a way as to gain their trust, confidence and respect.
- You'll need extensive knowledge of TDS gained from operating within a compliance function;
- You'll be able to draw on your knowledge of local laws, regulations, rules and guidance, being able to translate it into working documents and advice for the business;
- You'll pair this with your experience of dealing with regulators, including day-to-day relationships and regulatory visits;
- You'll be from a compliance background, ideally previously having worked as a Compliance Officer or Money Laundering Reporting Officer;
- You'll also have skills in conduct and have a compliance diploma or equivalent, or the drive to achieve one;
As well as this, we're looking for:
- Excellent knowledge of French and English;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- A good knowledge of banking products and processes, particularly in the offshore market;
- Report writing abilities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate with people at all levels of the business.
This is a great opportunity to work in our Luxembourg unit that is developing and expanding, and has a new Trustee & Depository Services (TDS) licence application in progress. The role is for a 12 month period, possibly extendable to 15 months.
Please note that you will be required to produce originals of your identity card, of your current residence, of professional activity over the past 2 years, of your academic diploma’s as well as a criminal record check (extrait du casier judiciaire).