Our client is a prestigious private bank established in Luxembourg and specialised in asset management for its clients.
It fund management company is looking for a Conducting Officer in charge of Risk Management & Compliance for its alterative investment funds.
The function consists of 3 parts:
Risk Management Function:
- Analyze, review and challenge risk reports to ensure the compliance with the risk profiles of every funds and advise the Board Members with the current situation;
- Support & challenge the Risk Management unit proactively in the permanent improvement the risk control framework;
- Maintain the Risk Management Procedure;
- Review of investment restrictions (eligibility of assets, ratios,…);
- Ensure that the portfolio valuation is compliant with the related policy (challenge the pricing of security requiring particular attention (illiquid, stale prices,…)
Compliance Officer Function
- Completion of the annual monitoring plan;
- Ensure the compliance with AML obligations (KYC, trainings…);
- AML risk assessment;
- Formalize and strengthen the company’s procedures to constantly improve operational effectiveness;
- Legal monitoring (with support of the group)
- Development of new controls to improve the control framework (Best execution,…);
- Oversight of delegated activities (in coordination with colleagues);
- Interaction with service providers (administrative agent, custodian bank, lawyers), CSSF, investment managers, auditors,...;
- Continuous Improvement of the cooperation with Risk Management and Compliance of the Bank;
- Project management : funds set up and restructuration.
- You have a Master in Law, Economics, Finance or Risk;
- Professional experience as a compliance or risk officer of a fund management company is a major plus;
- You are analytical, accurate, are well organised and you are a good communicator;
- You are bilingual French/English and knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
Counting by number of staff, our client is a small private bank. It is, however, very performant with more than 20 billion EUR under management. It has known a steady development over the past decades and is a stable employer with little personnel turnover. The team is solid and communication lines are short. It is an employer of choice which offers a competitive package in line with your experience.