Asset Management company
Our client is the Luxembourg subsidiary of a European asset management company. It invests in shares and bonds and has about 150 mio EUR in assets under investment in Luxembourg FCP’s and SICAV’s.
It is now hiring a conducting officer whose role will consist in ensuring that both the risk management and the compliance framework are effective, documented and meet the applicable legal and regulatory provisions. The conducting officer will also be the Permanent Risk Manager.
The Conducting Officer reports to the Board of Directors.
As conducting officer, you will:
- Act as key point of contact with CSSF in connection with compliance and risk management related matters;
- Ensure that the risk management framework complies with the applicable legal and regulatory framework, monitoring developments in that framework and informing relevant people of these developments and will be responsible for the risk reporting;
- Monitor the risk profile of the portfolio’s, ensuring that they remain within the risk parameters (Market/credit/liquidity/operational/counterparty risk, VaR, Commitment Approach);
- Develop, implement and communicate risk related policies and procedures;
- Identify process/control weaknesses, raise issues and propose a course of action, where required. This will involve notifying owners and providing oversight to ensure the issue is managed to completion;
- Conduct and maintain annual risk and control self-assessments across the business;
- Ensure all compliance policies and procedures are up-to-date and that new procedures are written where necessary and that relevant compliance related management information is produced;
- Ensure compliance with AML obligations;
- Prepare and implement a Compliance Monitoring Plan and execution of that Plan;
- Review applicable marketing material in accordance with UCITS requirements;
- Ensure the oversight of the delegates;
- Advise on regulatory change to the business.
- You have a Master Degree in Law, Economics, Finance science or engineering or equivalent and reside in Luxembourg;
- You master English and a good knowledge of French is a plus;
- You have an in depth knowledge of the Luxembourg SICAV/FCP/UCITS funds regulatory environment, including the CSSF circulars;
- You have an in depth knowledge of AML/CDD/KYC;
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience of working in asset management across a broad range of products and of working directly with fund managers, marketing, sales and product development teams on both risk management and compliance matters under Luxembourg regulation;
- You have corporate governance experience, whereby previous Conducting Officer experience is a plus;
- You are able to work in a multicultural team and have excellent communication and organizational skills, with a proven ability to translate plans into actions and to establish a coherent course of action to achieve goals;
- You have a proven ability to prioritize effectively and to manage ongoing work with ad hoc projects and a variable workload in general, working to short deadlines, making quick and reasoned decisions;
- You are analytical, yet pragmatic and solution oriented;
- You are IT literate and have strong report writing skills.
As conducting officer, you will join an ambitious asset management company. Your role will be one of major responsibility in the well-known environment of UCITS. You will benefit from labour flexibility in terms of working hours and you will be entitled to a competitive package in line with your experience.