Our client is an international publicly listed engineering and contracting company (EPC), present on the five continents, with over 2000 highly qualified employees.
As EPC legal counsel, you will provide legal advice at all stages of commercial contract negotiation and you will be required to negotiate face to face in the final stages of contract negotiations alongside the project manager. The position therefore involves extensive travelling, including to other continents (30% of the time).
You will instruct and coordinate external legal counsel in the local jurisdictions.
Besides your role in the commercial contract negotiation, you will also provide legal support in litigation cases and act as intermediary between the project managers and the external litigators.
Finally, you will increase legal risk awareness by staff and ensure compliance by providing basic training.
• You hold a Master in Law and you have in depth knowledge and experience of commercial contracting and negotiation;
• You have at least 5 years’ relevant experience in an EPC environment (engineering, procurement, construction);
• You are entrepreneurial by nature and have business acumen;
• You are pro-active in providing legal input in the commercial contract negotiation;
• You are able to stand your ground, but you do that in a cooperative and constructive manner;
• You are good at working with people who know what they want and who intend to obtain it;
• You are French speaking with a very good level of English;
• You enjoy frequent travelling and your personal situation allows you to travel frequently, including to other continents.
As legal counsel in an EPC company, you will provide legal advice in matters concerning a high profile, visible and very concrete product. You will report directly to the business unit presidents, with a functional reporting line to the general counsel and you will be travelling extensively around the world.
You will also benefit from a package that is complete and entirely in line with your experience.