Asset Management company
Our client is a Chapter 15 investment fund management company. It is the Luxembourg subsidiary of an established European asset management that invests in shares and bonds through Luxembourg FCP’s and UCITS.
Our client is looking to hire a fund Compliance Officer to ensure regulatory compliance, consistency of internal procedures with regulation, rules and agreements. The Compliance Officer will be fully responsible for compliance-related topics. The Compliance Officer report to the Conducting Officer.
The Compliance Officer reports to the Conducting Officer.
As compliance officer, you are:
- Responsible for the setting-up and updating of a centralized archive of all the policies and procedures within the Company to ensure consistency of internal procedures with Luxembourg legislation (including Circular 18/698), rules and agreements (legislative compliance audit scope);
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, preventing and monitoring of compliance risks and responsible for compliance reporting;
- Working closely together with the Risk Manager in order to ensure that any compliance related risks are appropriately incorporated in the risk overview of the company;
- Verifying whether a legal/regulatory requirement is applicable, assessing the impact of not meeting the requirements and recommending actions/changes in processes and procedures;
- Monitoring the regulatory environment and creating awareness within the company for compliance standards;
- Performing all AML/CDD/KYC obligations;
- Working closely together with Conducting Officers to ensure that all tasks designated are implemented, including at times tasks unrelated to compliance activities;
- Performing the due diligence of all outsourced functions and responding to all due diligence requests by authorities or other relevant parties (questionnaires or documents).
- You have a Master's Degree in Law, Economics, Finance science or engineering or equivalent and reside in Luxembourg (Grande Région);
- You have an in depth knowledge of the Luxembourg SICAV/FCP/UCITS funds regulatory environment, including the CSSF circulars (particularly the Circular 18/698);
- You have valuable experience with regard to fund compliance in Luxembourg;
- You have experience in AML/CDD/ KYC;
- Having a direct experience with Circular 18/698 is a plus;
- You have a good understanding of the risk management function;
- You have experience with due diligence of financial service providers;
- You master English and a good knowledge of French is a plus;
- You are able to work in a multicultural team and have excellent communication and organizational skills, with a proven ability to translate plans into actions and to establish a coherent course of action to achieve goals;
- You are open-minded and proactive;
- You are able to identify material issues and know when to escalate them;
- You are proficient in MS Office and Excel.
As compliance officer, you will be in charge of the day to day compliance policy of the company, reporting to the conducting officer. You will have a total overview of the compliance landscape, working for an ambitious asset management company. You will benefit from labour flexibility in terms of working hours and you will be entitled to a competitive package in line with your experience.