D.A.S. is the leader on the Belgian Legal Protection Insurance market. Its aim is to provide legal assistance to individuals, but also entrepreneurs and SMEs.
For its Compliance Function department, one of the key control functions of D.A.S., with HQ in Brussels and branches in Antwerp, Ghent, Nivelles and Liège, it is looking to hire a Head of Compliance.
As head of compliance/compliance officer, you
- are in charge of guaranteeing the conformity of the company, its organizational bodies and its employees to the legal and regulatory requirements applicable to an insurance company, in particular to the principles established in the circular FSMA 2012/21, as well as the Solvency II regulation regarding the compliance function (article 46 of the Solvency II Directive);
- are in charge of guaranteeing the conformity of the company, its organizational bodies and its employees to the internal requirements defined by the Board of Directors and the shareholder (ERGO Group & Munich RE Group);
- report directly to the CRO, who is responsible for the coordination and set-up of the compliance function;
- can act independently in all your compliance tasks and you have a direct reporting line to the Executive Committee, the Audit & Risk Committee of the company as well as a direct reporting line to Compliance department on Group level and to the supervisory authorities;
- are the only responsible for the approval of the reports and recommendations (“sign-off” power).
- Master degree in Law or other university degree;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a compliance-related function. The recognition as Compliance Officer by the FSMA is an important advantage;
- You are compliant with the “Fit & Proper” requirements applicable to a holder of a key control function and have at least experience in the following key areas:
- Laws & regulatory requirements applicable to an insurance company (Insurance Supervision Law, MIFID)
- General laws & regulatory requirements (Anti-trust, code de droit économique, GDPR …)
- Management of Compliance & Reputational Risks
- You are compliant with the “Proper” requirements applicable to a holder of a key control function, for example (non-exhaustive list):
- No criminal records
- No sanctions by the supervisory authorities
- No implications in an insurance company where the agreement was cancelled due to compliance issues
- You have excellent analytical skills and a high level of independence and critical spirit: you can maintain your position even under significant pressure
- You demonstrate a capacity to convince others of your opinion: you can rely both on quantitative and qualitative arguments to demonstrate your arguments, you can present easily your opinion both by writing and orally in front of different types of audience…
- You are flexible in your personal organization and capable to change priorities quickly and identify the highest priorities
- Effective Multilingualism: nearly perfect Dutch and French. Good English.
- Finally, you are proud and accountable for your acts and decisions and feel attracted by a strategical challenging environment!
D.A.S. is the market leader in legal protection insurance in Belgium. It is in full growth. Trust, team spirit and a good work-life balance are recognized values of the company. For this key position, it offers you a permanent contract with a market conform salary package, including a bonus plan and other extra-legal advantages (company car, insurances, smartphone, laptop, etc…). It also offers you the opportunity to support the company in its evolution within a challenging environment.