Our client is the Belgian subsidiary of one of the largest insurance groups in the world.
It is looking for a tax interim with experience and expertise in the tax treatment under Belgian law of life insurance products.
As tax interim, you will:
- Follow up Belgian life and non-life insurance product tax legislation and translate this legislation into the company systems and operational processes;
- Report on changes in legislation & regulation to the business owners;
- Provide product tax advice and support (also in English) to the management and all business operations teams in relation to life and insurance products;
- Monitor the product tax processes on a regular basis and asses if they are effective within the organisation. If required update the product tax processes;
- Monitor the product tax related work instructions of the operational teams and asses if they are sufficiently detailed in order to enable the operational teams to execute the tax calculation correctly;
- Follow up on the reporting executed by the operational teams and take action when issues are found and reported to the Product Tax officer following the controls executed by the operational teams;
- Represent and defend the company with external stakeholders such as the tax authorities, Assuralia, etc.;
- If necessary, provide tax related trainings for the business units based on internal training materials.
To qualify for this tax interim position, you must possess:
- At least 5 years' experience in the subject matter of product tax (law) for insurance products;
- Mother tongue is French or Dutch, with excellent oral and written proficiency in English;
- Business-orientation, solution-minded and good at analytical skills.
The tax interim mission is on a full-time basis from 15 May 2020 until the end of September 2020. The work can be conducted remotely or if deemed necessary within the Brussels' premises.