Our client is a prestigious independent Belgian law firm that is a natural partner to local and international businesses established in Belgium.
It provides high quality legal advice and services in corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, restructuring, financial and tax law, employment, commercial law, intellectual property, IT, media & entertainment, real estate, administrative and environmental law, distribution law, and transportation and logistics.
In view of its strengthening its IP practice, it now seeks to attract an intellectual property (IP) partner.
You will further build the IP practice, expand our client’s position as a recognized IP player in the Belgian market and develop the clientele;
Your work will cover a wide range of IP-related issues, such as:
- advice, contract drafting and litigation concerning intellectual property, including copyright, trademarks, designs and models, patent and know-how issues;
- advice on effective strategies for protection of business through intellectual property rights;
- deployment of anti-counterfeiting strategies and other tactical procedures;
- valorisation of intellectual property rights, for example through licensing, merchandising, joint ventures and spin-offs.
You will develop your team in line with the building up of workflow.
- You hold a university law degree and preferably an LLM obtained abroad;
- You presently are IP partner in a top tier Belgian or international practice located in Belgium;
- You are recognized as a genuine authority in the field of IP;
- You have a sizeable portable business;
- You possess strong entrepreneurial and networking skills;
- You can lead a team and take operational responsibility;
- You are perfectly fluent in English, Dutch and French.
Our client offers a friendly yet ambitious working environment with a dynamic team in a top tier legal practice. You will be part of a firm that experiences continuous growth.