Our client is a magic circle law firm. It is hiring an M&A lawyer.
As an M&A Lawyer, you will be dealing with a broad variety of corporate work, ranging from M&A work, over private placements, to public take-over bids, joint ventures and private equity work, both for national and international clients in various industries.
You will work in a team setting, coaching more junior lawyers and monitoring their work. You will encourage them and give them frequent feedback. You will also contribute to training.
You will work mainly in English and Dutch, but you are also able to help clients in French.
• You hold a Belgian university law degree and you ideally have a Master 2 in corporate law;
• You have an outstanding academic track record;
• You have 2 to 6 years’ relevant experience in M&A in a major Belgian or international law firm;
• You are fluent in English, both written and orally, as well as in Dutch or French, with a good knowledge of the other national language;
• You give accurate but bottom line advice;
• You are client focused, stress resistant with a strong strive for quality;
• You have people management skills and are a team player who desires to be part of a strong team.
You will become a part of a dedicated, professional and driven team. Contrary to some teams, you will not be working on a specialised niche with corporate law, but you will get exposure to a very wide range of deals and issues, allowing you to build a broad expertise on mediatised international and national transactions. Likewise, you will be working for and with all the corporate partners of the firm, ensuring that your legal education is as versatile and complete as possible.
The firm is well structured, with a state of the art IT and know-how environment and professional support, allowing you to focus on what you do best: advise clients on all matters corporate. Training is provided on a very regular basis, ensuring an optimal circulation of knowledge within the firm.
You will become part of a strong and experienced team, where besides expertise and the opportunity to learn further, you will also find time to have fun.