A family office, active in retail, real estate, private equity and investment funds, is looking for a paralegal. The Luxembourg office forms part of an international advisory office (family office) providing tax, legal and financial services, as well as services in the field of asset and wealth management.
Reporting to the Legal Manager of the Luxembourg organisation, you will enjoy the opportunity to be involved in the corporate housekeeping of Luxembourg-based companies.
Main tasks include:
- Participating in the set-up of corporate structures (holding / financing / investment companies);
- Support corporate housekeeping matters for group companies: drafting corporate documents (e.g. board minutes) and contracts;
- Preparation of board meetings, drafting of minutes and follow-up of action points;
- In charge of all company secretarial duties (e.g. update of RCS records, update of beneficial owner registers);
- Handling the day-to-day legal operations of the corporate entities of the group;
- Conducting legal research;
- Provide administrative and organisational support to the legal team;
- Liaising with colleagues inside and outside Luxembourg, civil-law notaries and lawyers;
- Taking over work from colleagues at busy times or in the event of sickness/holidays.
- You hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in law and have a good understanding of Luxembourg company law;
- You have between 3 and 5 years of relevant working experience;
- You are fluent in English (both written and spoken) and a knowledge of German would be an advantage;
- You have an understanding of complicated legal structures, preferably in a private equity environment;
- You have a good understanding of MS Office tools;
- You understand what it means to work in a relatively small organisation, with a hands-on, “can-do” attitude;
- You are able to find the right balance between working independently and being a team player;
- You have a strong personality, but at the same time neither dominant nor striving to monopolise an area of expertise;
- You are able to respond to occasional tight deadlines and to work under pressure without losing the ability to safeguard the required accuracy;
- You are trustworthiness, unquestionable integrity and high ethical standards;
- You are a team-oriented, service-oriented and responsible person, and you are characterised by courteous manners. In hectic phases you keep calm, stay positive, have necessary overview and act organised with an eye for detail.
The organisation is characterised by a high level of professionalism and integrity. Quality and service are key values.