Our client is an independent, privately-held investment company with a net worth of well over 1 billion EUR. The company is a universally recognized actor in private equity.
It now looks for a paralegal to support the inhouse lawyer.
As paralegal, you will provide comprehensive legal and administrative support to the legal officer by:
- Contributing to the drafting of the corporate documents (minutes, resolutions, management reports, proxies, waivers, invitations, etc.) related to the ordinary boards and shareholders meetings of the group companies;
- Compiling KYC (Know Your Customer) and UBO (Ultimate Beneficial Owner) sets of documents;
- Assisting in completing legal and tax formalities internationally (FATCA);
- Reviewing confidentiality agreements;
- Drafting proxies, simple agreements and other routine legal documents;
- Assisting in managing insurance policies (D&O updates, payments, etc.);
- Assisting in managing real estate files;
- Proofreading legal documents and agreements prior to distribution;
- Assisting in following up dispatch of documents and return of signatures;
- Following up legal formalities (legalization, apostille, etc.) and publications;
- Supervising the regular and correct filing of documents in paper and electronic systems;
- Updating regularly any change (share capital, shareholders, directors, etc.) of the corporate database of the group companies;
- Assisting in maintaining and tracking legal schedules and calendars;
- Acting as a liaison between different parties (directors, auditor, banks, notaries, investment team, etc.).
To be considered for this paralegal role, you need to hold at least a Bachelor’s degree or graduate in Law or have previous experience as a paralegal or a similar role. A background in Belgian corporate law is a plus.
A good level in English and French is required. Dutch is a plus.
Excellent knowledge of MS Office tools (especially Word, Excel and Outlook) and written communication skills.
We are looking for a candidate who is able to multi-task, has an eye for details, is accurate, reliable and very well organized.
We offer an interesting salary with a competitive package of extra-legal benefits. Full or part time position (homeworking possible).